Full course description
Trafficking is a significant issue in the United States and worldwide. All people involved in the education system are in a unique position to be able to recognize victims of human trafficking and take steps to report their suspicions. Therefore, it is critical for all involved in education to understand human trafficking, recognize the signs and risk factors of human trafficking, and the steps to take if they suspect a person may be a victim of human trafficking. This course will focus on the sexual exploitation of human trafficking in adults and children.
After taking this course, you should be able to:
- Define sexual exploitation associated with human trafficking
- Identify the 4 categories of trafficking victims
- Recognize signs and risk factors of sexual exploitation associated with human trafficking
- Identify the steps to take if you suspect a child is a victim of sexual exploitation associated with human trafficking
- Understand mandated reporting required for school board members if you suspect child abuse, trafficking, and maltreatment